Our Center is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization. It serves as a resource and advising center that provides informational and advising assistance to persons and organizations regarding study-abroad opportunities. Based in the city of Dnepropetrovsk, one of the biggest industrial and business centers of Ukraine, Osvita EIAC strives to comprehensively assist in establishing and strengthening international academic contacts of the region in order to ensure its overall development and scientific potential.
Disseminating information on educational programs and progressive trends in education;
Assisting in training specialists for Ukraine through providing informational and advising services on educational opportunities to all interested individuals and organization;
Fostering preservation, revival and development of contemporary Ukrainian education and culture through international integration.
Dnipropetrovsk Educational Information and Advising Center Osvita was established in 1994 as a body affiliated with International Renaissance Foundation. The Center obtained the official status of the city public organization (NGO) in March 1999. It now operates as an independent and not-for-profit institution.
Our activities include:
Free informational and advising services are provided through lectures, workshops, and individual consultations. Also, the Center keeps the library with reference literature and handbooks for personal studies.
Advisory services are provided on the following topics:
- process of applying to the US institutions;
- educational system of the USA;
- filling in applications and preparing other required materials;
- detailed information on standardized tests (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, USMLE) as well as free bulletins of these tests;
- search for financial aid (grants, scholarships, fellowships, etc);
- information on all the US government-sponsored programs.
Topics of the lectures are the following:
- You Too Can Study in the United States. General video lecture
- Exploring New Worlds: Evaluation and Selection, Application, Orientation. Video lecture
- College Application & Essay - How to Make Yourself Stand out + Computer Based Testing. Video lectures
- Types and Sources of Financial Aid for Undergraduate & Graduate Students. General lecture
- Studying Business and Public Administration. Video lecture
- Sources of Financial Aid for MBA Education. General lecture
- How To Write Letters of Recommendation, Resume/CV, Official transcripts. General lecture
- Standardized tests: TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT: Bulletins, How to register on official tests. General lecture
- Computer Based Testing: Form Multiple Choice to Multiple Choices. Video lecture
- Scholarship Opportunities for Researchers (Independent Sources of Funding)
- Graduate Study in the United Sates. Video lecture
- How to Start Application Procedure to the US Universities for Undergraduate & Graduate students.
The Center Library has books on the following subjects:
- TestPreps: GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, LSAT;
- References: Schools
- References: Majors (References on schools by majors)
- Financial Aid (references on funds and scholarships)
- Application Assistance Materials (dictionaries, how-to books, etc)
- School Catalogs
- Books: English Linguistics (ELS literature)
- Books: Economics
- Books: Fiction* (belles-lettres literature)
- Books: Subjects (special literature by subjects)
- Books: American Studies
*it is permitted to check books out for up to a month
Academic exchange programs
The Center represents the following educational programs in the Dnipropetrovsk region:
- Central European University (CEU)
Fellowships for graduate studies in humanities, social sciences and mathematics at CEU (Budapest, Hungary) available for Ukrainian citizens holding higher education diploma and proficient in English.
- OSI Undergraduate Exchange Program
One-year non-degree program for study in humanities and social sciences in the US for undergraduate students.
One or two-year scholarships to study for Master degree in Germany
- Open Society Foundation Scholarships in European Studies
One or two-year scholarships to study for Master degree in European Studies in Denmark or the Netherlands
- Open Society Foundations/ University of Cambridge Scholarships 2011-12
One-year schorlships to study for Master degree in Development Studies, Education, Social Anthropology and Public Law at the University of Cambridge
- Cambridge Colleges Hospitality Scheme
One-month academic visit in development of research started in home country.
- CEU Summer University
Two to four-week program for university staff and professionals.
- CEU Curriculum Resource Center
Program for social sciences faculty for the development of their courses.
- CEU-SUN and HESP Summer School
Program for the scholars to assist in the new courses development.
- CEU/HESP International Scholar and Educational Fellow Program
One to six-month research fellowship for junior and senior academics.
- MA Development Fellowship
One-month fellowship at CEU for revising taught postgraduate course.
- Global Supplementary Grants Program (GSGP)
Supplementary grants to enable qualified students to pursue doctoral studies in humanities and social sciences at accredited universities in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle/Near East, and North America.
Also, "Osvita" Center works closely with Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the US Embassy and spreads information and application materials for participation in competitions for fellowships and grants of the US government in Ukraine:
Fulbright Senior Scholar Programs
Grant for one or two-semester research (with opportunity to lecture in Ukrainian Studies) in the US for those holding kandidatskaya or doctor degree.
As well this program allows institutions of higher education in Ukraine to invite American professor for delivering lectures in their institutions (and carrying research if institution's facilities allow it). (There is separate deadline for this stream of the program).
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Mid-Career Professional Study in the US
Non-degree one-year program of study in the US (August/September - June) for professionals with higher education diploma and experience of not less than five years in the areas offered by the program (usually drug abuse prevention, treatment, and education and public health policy and management).
Fulbright Graduate Student Exchange Program
Grant for one-year study at an American university in the fields of history, folklore, theater (including management), cinematography, literature, philosophy, sociology, psychology, anthropology, and American studies. Applicants must be under 30, hold higher education diploma, and be proficient in English.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
One-year non-degree program for study in the US for undergraduate students.
Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program
One-year non-degree, one-year degree or two-year degree study in the United States in select majors.
Our web site provides information on educational and cultural exchange programs, scholarships, grants for studies and research offered by overseas institutions, governmental and nongovernmental agencies for the citizens of Ukraine. It is also a source of information on issues in international education. The conveniently designed title page of the site facilitates the access to all its sections:
- New Scholarship Programs and other opportunities
- Education in the USA and Europe
- Standardized Tests
- Educational Resources of Internet
Osvita Center is an official ACT (American College Testing Assessment) test center in Ukraine. Here you can get official bulletin of the test and preparation materials, and pass the test on official test dates.
ÀÑÒ is one of the most widespread tests required for entrance to undergraduate programs in the USA and Canada. The test measures the students' ability to perform college coursework, so that universities can evaluate the applicants' potential for academic success by the standardized criteria. It compensates vagueness of the grades of different secondary schools since they differ in instruction level and methodology. The scores are accepted by all schools and colleges in the USA and Canada.
Center "Osvita" is an official TOEFL test center. Tests are administered 3-5 times per month. The Center offers a large number of TOEFL preparation materials, which are available free of charge.